• To start at the beginning, click here.
  • Saturday, January 14, 2006

    My First Spanish Business

    I have now made 53 cents for my time in Spain. As you might have noticed, I have taken my wanderings, mishaps and musings and turned them in to a “money making” venture. Living In Sant Cugat has sold out to the man and now is a vehicle for pushing everything from rental cars to sex change operations. (The sex change ad displayed when I clicked on the Gender Confusion entry.) By signing up with AdSense, Google now figures out exactly what anyone who would spend time reading this blog would like to buy and helpfully puts up a link to those services. FOLLOW THOSE LINKS. If you don't think you need the service, remember ... Google's stock is up over $450 / share. They know better than you do what you might need.

    Seriously, I'm surprised at how much satisfaction I received from making my first 53 cents. The fact that some advertiser is going to pay me 7 cents for getting someone to follow a link to their site makes me feel like I've created something of value. I know that it was just as valuable before, but I enjoy getting the extra external validation of an independent business willing to pay me (indirectly through Google) for my efforts. In fact, it got me so excited that I went onto Google and opened an AdWords account. This allows people searching for certain key words to see a link to this blog. I've now invested $2.02 promoting this blog to the world. Yes, I can do the math. I know I'm losing money, but I can't think of anything else that I could have spent the $1.49 on that would have provided me as much pleasure.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home