• To start at the beginning, click here.
  • Thursday, February 02, 2006

    Views From Our House

    I think we have an interesting town house. The first picture is from the loft where I sleep. I know that it is hard to see in the picture, but the train to Barcelona is going by right in front of the houses in the distance. Getting to the train station is only about a 5 minute walk. There are also mountains that are hard to make out because it is a little hazy. In front of the train is the golf course. This is also hard to make out, so I thought I would go down two floors to our kitchen and take another photo.

    This is the resulting shot from our kitchen window. I have yet to play on this golf course which is very sad. To play golf, you are supposed to get an official card that requires taking a golf test. I think foreigners can also play if they have a good enough handicap. I am fairly certain that there is a way around this because I've seen people playing in our backyard. These people do not have the required handicap.


    Now you might be wondering what a picture of my dog is doing here. This is her doing her favorite activity. She is sitting out on the deck and watching people play golf. She is actually appreciative of the people with the high handcaps because her second favorite activity is retrieving golf balls that land in our yard.



    And finally, this is a picture that has absolutely nothing to do with golf. This is from our loft looking out the front. I added it because it shows the STOP sign at the end of our street. What is a stop sign doing at the end of the street? There is a perfectly good Spanish word that means stop, para. It's the same number of letters and everything. Believe me, most people don't know English. All the other signs are in Catalan, or both Catalan and Spanish. Did the Spanish government get an especially good deal on surplus from the United States. I have no idea. If you know, please add an explanation into the comments.

    6 Comments:

    Blogger A Raposinha said...

    STOP is used in any country, I guess. I've seen it everywhere I went, it's almost an "international" word...

    6:51 AM  
    Blogger Kiata said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    2:53 AM  
    Blogger Kiata said...

    I am planning to move to Sant Cugat by end of September, I am enjoying your blog entries a lot, love to read to read about your encounters :)
    May I ask you how much your rent was for your lovely house you stayed in and what I have to look out for when renting a home.
    Best wishes from Ireland. Kiata.

    2:53 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi Kiata, I don't remember exactly, but I think the rent was fairly reasonable. The bigger deal was getting someone who was OK renting to us. I think I had to put a bunch of the rent down in advance and they did a fairly thorough background check. We had an agency that helped us get set up and I thought it was worth it.

    6:05 AM  
    Blogger Kiata said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    4:38 AM  
    Blogger Kiata said...

    Oha, I see. It sounds like a bit of hassle. Not as easy as in Ireland.
    Thank you very much for your feedback!:)

    4:39 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home