• To start at the beginning, click here.
  • Thursday, August 03, 2006

    Back in the USA

    The families returned back from Spain and we are getting settled again. I've really missed a lot of topics that I wanted to write about, so I'll have to get back to it at some time. Here is a list that I hope to gradually get through.

    1) Getting Visas to Spain - (Terrible and not even required)
    2) Getting our dog to Spain (Lots of paperwork that nobody ever checked)
    3) Spanish Values - Seemed like a lot looser definition of honesty in cateluna. Lot's of cheating on the tennis court.
    4) Travel - Sweden and the artic circle, Monaco, Marakesh, Italy, Egypt.
    5) Kids last few days of school - very nice goodbyes from other kids
    6) Visiting friends and family - 11 families came to visit. Funny stories but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble I'll get into.
    7) Reflections on the year.

    Just wanted a little reminder about good additional topics. Hopefully they will be coming soon.

    7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ken & Di!

    Welcome Home, Call Us @ 754-245-5000

    Dorothy

    8:08 PM  
    Blogger louisjkim said...

    Thanks for this blog. I just moved to Sant Cugat with my family. From your golf course pictures post, it looks like we live near where you used to live. I went through your postings and found them entertaining and informative!

    8:47 AM  
    Blogger stillRunning said...

    To Louis...

    I hope you enjoy Sant Cugat as much as my family did. I don't know how helpful any of my blogs posts will be but I'm glad you found them entertaining. Thanks for your comment.

    3:57 PM  
    Blogger There Is No Impossible said...

    Hey ! I've just came across your blog. I wanted to thank you for your nice posts (it would take a while for me to read them all). It feels so good to know someone else had the same experience and to read them here. I've been in Cataluña for about a year now (4-5 month in Sant Cugat). It's kinda my favorite city by now (definitely the best in Cataluña). I also study in UAB, and I don't speak that much Castellano yet. But apart from some Catalan things I like it here.
    Best wishes

    2:42 PM  
    Blogger santcugat said...

    I liked reading about your experiences. We moved here pretty much the same time you left, so it gave us a bit of continuity about what life here has been like for foreigners.

    3:43 AM  
    Blogger stillRunning said...

    Glad you liked it. I hope you enjoy Spain as much as we did.

    4:59 AM  
    Blogger Jan said...

    Hello Still Running! :-)

    My name is Andreia and I am the owner of the blog Verbs in Spanish. As the name says, the topic of the blog is to teach verbs in Spanish. I am just at the beginning but I am working long and hard to make it good for students all over.
    I was wondering if you could place a link to my blog on yours. I am now preparing a page for useful links and will be happy to recommend your blog there as well. If you prefer, you could send me a text telling about your work and I will be happy to publish it as a guest post.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards,
    Andreia

    6:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home